Pages

Saturday 15 August 2015

Why I want to record everyone abducted or killed by Daesh/ISIS

I am going to make a record of every person killed or abducted by ISIS. This will include combatants and civilians. I hope it will include everyone killed or missing, including the victims of ISIS attacks in Tunisia, Libya and anywhere else.

Why am I doing it?
  • There is no definitive record and there are no proper numbers of people killed or abducted.
  • These people should all be remembered
  •  It will help us in the fight against ISIS as we will have numbers and statistics
  • It will reduce apathy as people link the murders with real people and real faces
  •  It will provide a record for us to be able to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators of the crimes when they try and return to their own countries and pick up their lives
  • It will help us find the missing 
  •  Finally so that when we hold a vigil for the dead we have names.

Some of the information you give me I will keep private, some I will put on a website. The website will look something like this: killedbypolice.net

I need your help for this. I need you to give me the information.
This list depends on you

Please help me do this.

Send me any of this information if you know it: 
  • proper name 
  • nom de guerre
  •  date of birth
  • father’s name/mother’s name
  • place of birth
  • place of death/abduction
  •  religion and race
  • method of death 
  • the name of the person/ unit who killed them (even if those are not the murderers'proper names) and any other information about them that is known
  • gender
  • any other information
  •  a photo if you have one.


The photo and some basic information (name, age, religion, race, gender, method/place of death) will go onto the website; for the dead and for the missing/ abducted the name, age, gender, race/ religion and place they went missing will go on. The rest of the information I will keep private, just to have records.

If you want me to keep the person anonymous I will do that but if we do that it will be harder to get people to believe what we say and act on it.

Let’s make a record to shame the governments for not doing enough. Let’s remember the dead and the missing.

When the website is made I will post the link and people can hopefully upload their own information but for now send your information to me at kostasolivetree[at]gmail[dot]com or find me on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment